Do It Right Tax Tax preparation done right!

Welcome to Do It Right Tax!

Do you need help filing your taxes? Greg Crockett at Do It Right Tax can sit down with you so you have peace of mind that your taxes are filed correctly. Greg habla español.

Call (801) 829-7072 today to schedule an appointment!

Do It Right Tax is a home-based income tax preparation service that handles everything from complicated tax filings to the more basic returns. It doesn’t matter whether you are married with children, single, a business owner, or self-employed — Greg knows what tax forms to fill out and all the tricks to save you the most money or get you the biggest return. Plus, he is completely certified with a Master’s Degree in Accounting.

Greg can prepare your taxes for paper mail-in or submit them to the IRS online for you. Do It Right Tax is an Authorized E-file Provider and your information is always secure and confidential.

Greg takes clients during the evenings throughout the tax season and on an as-needed basis the rest of the year. He can meet with clients in Utah but is certified to help anyone in the US with their taxes (except CA). If you are unable to come to Sandy, UT, he can complete your taxes via email, phone, and fax. Call Greg at (801) 829-7072 or email to schedule a tax preparation appointment and discuss your options. (Se habla español) If you would like to file yourself, click here and file today.



Missing your form W-2?

You should receive a Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers for use in preparing your federal tax return. Employers must furnish this record of 2017 earnings and withheld taxes no later than January 31, 2018 (if mailed, allow a few days for delivery).

If you do not receive your Form W-2, contact your employer to find out if and when the W-2 was mailed. If it was mailed, it may have been returned to your employer because of an incorrect address. After contacting your employer, allow a reasonable amount of time for your employer to resend or to issue the W-2.

If you still do not receive your W-2 by February 15th, contact the IRS for assistance at 1-800-829-1040. When you call, have the following information handy:

  • the employer’s name and complete address, including zip code, and the employer’s telephone number;
  • the employer’s identification number (if known);
  • your name and address, including zip code, Social Security number, and telephone number; and
  • an estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and the dates you began and ended employment.

If you misplaced your W-2, contact your employer. Your employer can replace the lost form with a “reissued statement.” Be aware that your employer is allowed to charge you a fee for providing you with a new W-2.

You still must file your tax return on time even if you do not receive your Form W-2. If you cannot get a W-2 by the tax filing deadline, you may use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement (available on the IRS website), but it will delay any refund due while the information is verified.

If you receive a corrected W-2 after your return is filed and the information it contains does not match the income or withheld tax that you reported on your return, you must file an amended return on Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

If you have questions about your Forms W-2 and 1099 or any other tax-related materials, please call or email our office.


Home Office Deduction

In tax year 2010, the most recent year for which figures are available, nearly 3.4 million taxpayers claimed deductions for business use of a home (commonly referred to as the home office deduction).

The new optional deduction, capped at $1,500 per year based on $5 a square foot for up to 300 square feet, will reduce the paperwork and recordkeeping burden on small businesses by an estimated 1.6 million hours annually.

“This is a common-sense rule to provide taxpayers an easier way to calculate and claim the home office deduction,” said Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller. “The IRS continues to look for similar ways to combat complexity and encourages people to look at this option as they consider tax planning in 2013.”

Do It Right Tax is powered by WordPress | Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)| Partnerprogramm Theme